STAR are “growing” our next generation of Procurement professionals…..
STAR have launched our ‘Grow Your Own’ approach to recruitment and retention, starting with the creation of four ‘Trainee Procurement Officer’ (TPO) posts. The new TPO role will:
- Support TPOs to become CIPS qualified procurement professionals
- Provide entry level access to aspiring procurement professionals
- Will develop TPOs skills and progress within STAR in a supported and coordinated manner
- Upskill TPOs, so that they are able to provide improved support to Procurement Officers and Category Managers
- Provide support on a rotational basis to each of the three procurement Category Teams & the Business Improvement Team, giving TPOs “well rounded” experience in all strands of the Service.
The new positions will also provide STAR with “future proof” support services, as well as succession planning and clear career development for its staff. The creation of the STAR “Grow Your Own” programme demonstrates the commitment of the STAR Board and the Joint Committee to the continued success and development of STAR as a shared procurement service for Stockport, Trafford and Rochdale Councils
Congratulations to Jovane, Michael & Tim who have been successfully appointed as STAR’s first Trainee Procurement Officers and who commenced their new roles on 1st April 2016. STAR will shortly be recruiting to a fourth TPO vacancy within the organisation.
Posted on Tuesday 12th April 2016